Monday, April 12, 2010

We have our Sweet 16!

When we initially received more than 200 quote submissions from our '100 Best Movie Quotes' facebook page, narrowing the list down was a seemingly daunting task. It took at least four or five different drafts to get it down to 100, but that was a beautiful milestone. Now, it was out of our hands. Now, it would be up to the people, the voters. And you haven't failed us. The crowning moment is close at hand. We are now down to 16 quotes. 16 quotations out of the millions, billions, maybe trillions of quotes in the history of spoken film that have ever been uttered. With one more round of voting, we will move into single digits.

Do you understand the magnitude of this accomplishment? Or to quote one of my all-time favorite comedies, Dumb and Dumber; "Do you realize what you've done!?"

Well I have good news for you, America. The town is back THAT way.......

Here are your results from round 3.

Drama, Horror, Suspense
  • #1 v #8 - #1 "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." - The Godfather - 76% of votes
  • #2 v #7 - #2 "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Gone With the Wind - 82% of votes
  • #3 v #6 - #6 "Here's looking at you, kid." - Casablanca - 52% of votes
  • #4 v #12 - #4 "Say 'hello' to my little friend!" - Scarface - 64% of votes
Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy
  • #1 v #9 - #1 "May the Force be with you." - Star Wars Trilogy - 82% of votes
  • #2 v #10 - #2 "Houston, we have a problem." - Apollo 13 - 52% of votes
  • #3 v #6 - #3 "...they may take our lives, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!" - Braveheart - 73% of votes
  • #4 v #5 - #4 "You've got to ask yourself one question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" - Dirty Harry - 55% of votes
Comedy
  • #1 v #8 - #1 "I got robbed by a sweet, old lady on a motorized cart. And I didn't even see it coming!" - Dumb and Dumber - 61% of votes
  • #2 v #7 - #2 "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 64% of votes
  • #3 v #6 - #6 "I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?" - Meet the Parents - 52% of votes
  • #4 v #5 - #4 "Surely, you can't be serious!" "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley." - Airplane! - 61% of votes
Hybrid Genres
  • #1 v #9 - #1 "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." - The Wizard of Oz - 67% of votes
  • #2 v #7 - #2 "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - The Princess Bride - 76% of votes
  • #3 v #6 - #3 "You can't handle the truth!" - A Few Good Men - 88% of votes
  • #4 v #5 - #4 "The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club." - Fight Club - 67% of votes

No comments:

Post a Comment